24-May-12: Terrorism from up close: the past few days
The chronology below picks up where we left off this past Monday [“21-May-12: This is what war by terrorism feels like from up close”]. Like the earlier data, this is based on the Tayar Security Report, compiled by Yehudit Tayar.
Monday May 21, 2012
- Undisclosed location north of Hebron: Israeli vehicles (and their drivers and passengers) pelted with rocks
- Negohot Junction, in the southern Hebron Hills area: Israeli vehicles attacked by rock-throwing Palestinian Arabs
- Hebron: An IDF checkpost attacked by rock-throwing Palestinian Arabs
- The villages of Turmos Aya and Sen’jal: Israeli vehicles (and their drivers and passengers) pelted with rocks by Palestinian Arabs
- The Israeli community of Eli in the Binyamin region: Palestinian Arab residents of the village of Krayot vandalized and destroyed some of Eli’s security equipment
- Dir Abu Mishal: Two firebombs (Molotov cocktails) hurled at Israeli vehicles
- Highway 446 near Shokba: Service personnel of the IDF apprehended a Palestinian Arab who placed rocks on the road to blockade it and to endangered Israeli travelers on the road.
Tuesday May 22, 2012
- The synagogue in the community of Tel-Zion in the Binyamin region is vandalized and violated, evidently by Palestinian Arabs. Religious items are stolen. A Torah scroll is destroyed.
- Near the Israeli community of Har Adar on Jerusalem’s northern edge: A fire bomb (Molotov cocktail) and rocks are hurled at a Border Police patrol. A serviceman suffers an injury to his leg.
- Near Tekoa, south of Jerusalem in the Gush Etzion area: Two rock-throwing attacks on Israeli vehicles by Palestinian Arabs.
- The Gush Etzion-to-Hebron road, a major highway, near El Arub: Palestinian Arabs carry out yet another in a long and damaging series of rock-throwing attacks directed at Israeli vehicles and the people inside them
- Har Gilo, a southern suburb of Jerusalem: An IDF post is attacked by Palestinian Arabs armed with fire-bombs (Molotov cocktails)
- Giti Avisher Junction, near Ariel in the Shomron (Samaria district): Palestinian Arabs carried out a rock-throwing attack on Israeli vehicles. One person is moderately injured.
- Near Negahot in the southern Hebron Hills area: Palestinian Arabs carry out firebomb (Molotov cocktail) attacks on passing Israeli vehicles
Wednesday May 23, 2012
- The vicinity of the Kissufim crossing on Israel’s southern border with the Hams-controlled Gaza Strip: A shooting attack from the Hamas side of the fence results in an IDF officer and a soldier being wounded by fire. Their injuries are moderate to medium; they are evacuated to Soroka Hospital for emergency treatment.
- From the Shabak, the Israeli Secret Service, it is reported that a number of Palestinian Arabs resident in the Hebron area were arrested and investigated for belonging to terrorist cells active in and around Hebron [Haaretz covered it here]. One cell laid explosive devices on the road near Zif Junction. A second planned the abduction of an Israeli resident (any Israeli) of the nearby community of Kiryat Arba. The cells are believed to be responsible for many of proliferating rock attacks on Road 60, the Gush Etzion-to-Hebron highway. The alleged head of the cell, Ma’ataz Kawasma, is a veteran guest of the Israeli prison system.
- Hawara, south of Nablus (Shechem in Hebrew). Palestinian Arabs hurled massive rocks at a passing Israeli vehicle. This mode of deliberate and murderous attack is similar to the one that caused the deaths of Asher Palmer and his year-old infant son Yonatan a year ago. [See “27-Jan-12: Rocks of reality? A postscript”]
- Hawara, south of Nablus (Shechem) again: A unit of the IDF apprehended a Palestinian Arab in possession of a knife and 6 explosive devices.
Thursday May 24, 2012 (today)
- Near Har Harif on Israel’s border with Egypt: A Beduin Arab, apparently smuggling drugs across the border into Israel, was shot by an IDF patrol. He was evacuated to hospital for emergency treatment.The day is far from over.
Unfortunately our people never have a break from the terrorism. Our thoughts and prayers are always with our people and our country.
- redbirch likes this
- truthprevails4ever reblogged this from hamikdash
- hamikdash reblogged this from vshavubanim
- neoliberalismkills likes this
- vshavubanim reblogged this from girlactionfigure and added:
- girlactionfigure posted this